Can your business cater well and ethically for older vegans and vegetarians? Fully-funded training is now available.
The number of vegan residents in UK care homes has TREBLED in the last 5 years. Are you equipped to cater for the rising number of vegans and vegetarians? Or do they pass your business by and take their custom elsewhere?
If you cater for older vegans or vegetarians, Vegetarian for Life’s team of nutritionists and roving chefs can deliver fully-funded, bespoke caterer training for you, in-house – no matter where you are in the UK. Whether you’re after a speaker for an in-house nutrition seminar, one-to-one chef training, or someone to deliver a college lecture series, Vegetarian for Life has the resources to help.
Training can cover a wide variety of topics, including:
- Dietary diversity and inclusivity in the care sector.
- What is and is not suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Principles of plant-based nutrition for older adults.
- Understanding the needs of vegetarian and vegan residents.
- Working with meat and dairy alternatives.
- Menu planning and recipes.
- Adapting traditional recipes.
- Vegetarian and vegan food fortification methods.
Our training includes practical demonstrations and the opportunity to taste the food.
To book any of our training, please contact Ellie Murphy, Cookery & Training Outreach Coordinator, on 0161 257 0887 or by email: email@example.com