Competitive Salary and bonus package
About the home
Brentwood Care Centre is a welcoming, beautifully decorated, purpose-built home which specialises in Nursing, Residential and Dementia care for older people, and is currently seeking an experienced Residential Dementia Unit Manager to take the lead on our new dementia units.
Come join our friendly team and work in a role you can be proud of where you will be working in a modern and welcoming environment; and where you will support people to live a dignified, fulfilling life which enables them to be as independent as possible whilst you deliver the very best standards of care.
About the role
Our philosophy at RCH is that we have a person centred approach which applies to both our residents and our staff. As a dementia unit manager, you will be working in a team where the resident’s dignity, personal safety and wishes are at the centre of all care choices; and where your personal training and development are of the utmost importance to us. You will be responsible for the overall management and success of this department.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and assisting in implementing the new RCH Dementia Strategy.
- Managing and overseeing the clinical compliance of the dementia units, whilst leading a staff team in a positive manner to achieve best possible outcomes.
- Ensuring excellence in resident care, providing outreach and support to families
- Coordinating the resident assessment process ensuring involvement of the resident in identifying needs and preferences, and integration of all information into the Care Plan.
- Participating in residents’ review meetings with external bodies
- Will play an active part in recruiting the most effective staff for these new units, ensuring recruitment needs are monitored on an ongoing basis, and facilitating ongoing training and educational opportunities for staff and families.
- Supervising the care staff.
About you / Requirements
- NVQ Level 4 required
- Extensive Dementia experience and extended Dementia qualifications are essential.
- At least two years’ experience in long term care for older people, preferably experience caring for individuals with dementia in a care home / nursing home.
- At least one year of supervisory and management experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and clinical skills
- Passionate and keen to develop new skills
- Ability to organise efficiently and prioritise workloads whilst under pressure
- Candidates MUST have proof of right to work in the UK
About the company
At RCH Care Homes we understand how important it is for an individual to choose a place which provides a real home away from home atmosphere.
Our vision is to put quality first in everything we do – for our residents, their relatives and our staff. Our Values of being Respectful, Caring and Honest help us achieve this vision.
We recognise that each of our residents is an individual with their own personal requirements, likes and dislikes – for this reason we carefully tailor our care so that we not only meet, but exceed expectations.
Sound like a company you would like to work for? Then what are you waiting for, click here today and let’s get started!
*Terms and conditions apply