According to the Care Quality Commission (CQC) fundamental standards, care should be kept as safe as possible, and residents must not be put at risk of harm that could be avoided.
In terms of weighing this means, that care providers and managers must check medical scales and maintain them thoroughly, as they are equipment that is used to deliver care, as per CQC Regulation 15. One element in ensuring this is the annual calibration and maintenance of your medical scales.
Calibration tests, maintenance and, if necessary, reverification guarantee that your medical grade scales keep precision over time and that you can rely on the acquired weighing results. Only accurate scales ensure a proper weight and nutrition monitoring as well as detection of sudden weight loss and precise dosage of medication.
Our dedicated national team of seca Field Engineers perform calibration checks and maintenance on site. seca are the only service company accredited by the Office for Product Safety & Standards (OPS&S) to reverify seca scales. Our service packages are tailored to fit the special demands of care homes:
- Each adult scale at your facility will be loaded with a minimum of 100 kg of weight, in increments of 20 kg (five-point calibration test)
- If the reading is out of tolerance, the scale will be recalibrated and reverified
- Onsite repairs can also be performed by our experienced National Service Team
- Of course, we only use calibrated weights, that are certified by a UKAS Approved Labsseca Engineers search independently for all scales at your location and coordinate the inventory
- Our team will contact you each year to book your service, ensuring your equipment is always within calibration
- seca personnel are all covid vaccinated, DBS-checked and carry MIA ID cards
- The whole process is performed without interruption for your daily care work
- Infection control measures are undertaken, and all devices will be cleaned and disinfected
- For each device you will receive a certificate and a service report in our online service portal
World class service from seca
seca is the world market leader exclusively focused on medical measuring and weighing, renowned for its multifunctional scales and chair scales, that are especially designed to comfortably weigh and measure elderly patients, while minimising the risk of falling and manual handling for staff members. In addition to its weighing solutions, seca is committed to world class service including calibration, repair and reverification.